While my free time is few and far between, my new year’s resolution was to read more. Not only did I feel like reading could be both enjoyable and educational for me, I really wanted to use it as a resource to help improve my writing. My goal for the year is to read a book a month on an array of topics.
I started out with the book #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso, the founder of popular clothing store Nasty Gal. My dream would be to own my very own boutique, so naturally I was very interested in hearing her story. The book offers an enormous amount of informative and motivating advice for any girl who wants to achieve big things, all while reveling the story of how Nasty Gal saw its great success. It is a really quick read that I would suggest to any twenty something working to develop their career.
A Southern Belle’s Book List
- Decision Points- George W. Bush
- The 100 Dollar Start Up- Chris Guillebeau
- Fake IDs- Katie Humphress
- The Bell Jar- Sylvia Plath
- Girls In White Dresses- Jennifer Close
- MWF Seeking BFF- Rachel Bertsche
- Ten Things I Wish I’d Known Before I Went Out Into The Real World- Maria Shriver
- Americanah- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s
- All That Is- James Salter
- They Don’t Teach Corporate in College – Alexandra Levit
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years – Donald Miller